Thursday, October 29, 2009

We Are the Ones We Believe In



For every time I am caught off guard
for every lie my throat catches
a fragmented piece tossed aside
its carbon trail decodes my eye
I slip down a rung
and fall further behind,

not that I mind.

I'm waiting for a system
to split the skies tonight
I'm waiting for an ember
to make the skies ignite

For every disaster that's left a wreck
for every lie that no one will catch
the pieces together won't fit
my words it is time to admit
that we're fooling no one
we all improvise,

(The sky's afire tonight)
not that I mind
(oh mother I hope it comes soon)
not that I mind
(the sky's afire tonight)
The one constant thing
(oh father I hope it comes soon)
that has bound us together
(the sky's afire tonight)
has ripped at the seams
(oh brother I hope it comes soon)
now our spirits untethered
(the sky's afire tonight)
we're whispers of nothing
(oh lover I hope it comes soon)
and nothing is all that they'll find
(we are the ones we believe in)
we are the ones we believe in.

These fragments must somehow connect
or soon we will be all that's left
This only determines the rest of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment