Sunday, December 20, 2009

Who Wants a Mustache Ride?

New Song, "Who Wants a Mustache Ride?" over at my Reverbnation page. (Update: should be on the player to your right.) Should be the first one on the playlist.

This tune was written on Garageband, starting with a drumbeat and then guitars, bass, vocals. Lyrics written by Amanda Martin.

The song was the 5th part of an effort to write/co-write 5 songs in a week. It was also an attempt to write in an hour, but this ended up taking about two or three hours instead, with a trip to go see "The Fantastic Mr. Fox" about halfway through.

Lyric (yes, this song is a joke):

My mustache is better than yours
it keeps that space on my face
closer to immortality
hair closer to being free.

Not a caterpillar
not a caterpillar
even though you squirm with glee
to be that hair closer to me

Eat my face, yeah, eat my face.
The mustaches scream
the women all cream
rolling and moaning
on the shag on my face

Not a caterpillar
not a caterpillar
A hairsuit of divinity
a hairsuit to win us free

Eat my face, yeah, eat my face.
My mustache is better than yours
it warms that place on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment